The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force across the European Union on 25th May 2018 replacing the data protection framework under the EU Data Protective Directive. This regulation has been implemented in all local privacy laws across the entire EU and EEA region. With GDPR, citizens have greater control over their personal data and ensure that their information is being protected across Europe.
According to the GDPR directive, personal data is any information related to a person such as a name, photo, email address, updates on social networking sites, location details, bank details, medical information, or even a personal computer’s IP address.
Basic Tips of GDPR that Impacted Payroll
Payroll and HR managers are responsible for ensuring that their business is compliant with GDPR legislation and that their employee and business data is kept confidential and secure. To help you meet these obligations out Payroll experts have curated simple and basic tips that payroll personnel can implement to help them comply with GDPR regulations.
- Be cautious of the significant increase in accountability and obligations
- Make sure to have a Data Protection expert who will have appropriate expertise therefore outsourcing may be required
- Maintain or develop the required documentation from a payroll data perspective
- Implement Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- During the breach of data, it is mandatory to notify the authorities within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach
- Minimize the data that you collect and store
- Develop instructions and limitations for various layers of data/payroll processes
- Maintain caution as there is an increased liability for breaches when working outside the agreed remits
- Constitute business policies and procedures to ensure that the employees and business are compliant with GDPR legislation
Osservi, Ireland’s Premier Payroll Provider
Osservi understands the compliance changes international and Irish companies face with their payroll. We offer the facility to provide compliant payroll solutions specifically tailored to the needs of your business. Our highly trained and experienced team can help you navigate all the aspects of local taxation and help you meet your business requirements.
Outsourcing your payroll duties to a company like Osservi is not only easy but is also cost-effective. You can save a lot of your company’s funds while having peace of mind that your payroll is being processed correctly with the right payroll service provider. Our team at Osservi consists of qualified in-house professionals with an extensive network and expert support who will give you the benefits of automated monthly payroll cost booking, payroll account reconciliation, accounting-related entries, and actuarial evaluation.
We cater to every budget and customize a solution accordingly with the guarantee of providing the best deals and value for money. For further information on our Outsourced Payroll Services, please feel free to contact us by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We act as the catalyst that helps you make the best decisions for your employees as our team is the best at implementing time-testing methodologies.
We will be delighted to hear from you!